The Department of Fundamental Nursing was established on 28th, November, 1998. Daw San San Yin was appointed as a tutor on 21st, September, 1998. Daw Lin Lin Khine was assigned as Assistant Lecturer on 21st, April, 2000. Then, Professor Daw Tin Nwe has taken responsibilities of the department from 16.10.2000 to 17.1.2008. After that, Daw Khin Win was appointed as Lecturer and Head of the department from 7.7.2008 to 3.2.2013 and promoted as Associate Professor and Head of the department from 4.2.2013 to 16.3.2015. At present, Daw Khin Win is working as Pro- Rector (Academic) and Head of the department since 17.3.2015.
At the end of the course the student should be able to:
1. acquire knowledge in Nursing Foundation, which is applied in taking care of individual/ family/ community, including Nursing theories, Nursing process and basic nursing procedures.
2. perform nursing measure to access the patient.
3. perform basic nursing measures to meet physical needs of patient.
4. perform basic protective measures for safety needs of patient.
5. perform the basic patient care, medication administration, gastrointestinal/ metabolic procedures.
6. describe how historical images has influenced the development of nursing as a profession.
7. discuss health and illness models, variables influencing health beliefs and practices and health promotion and illness prevention.
8. acquire basic knowledge, beginning skills and attitude related to the promotion an maintenance of health.
9. write a mini research proposal.
10. acquire basic knowledge and beginning skills related to administration and management when given patient care situations.
Undergraduate and postgraduate programs
1. First Year B.N.Sc (Generic) Course
2. Second Year B.N.Sc (Generic) Course
3. Third Year B.N.Sc (Generic) Course
4. Fourth Year B.N.Sc (Generic) Course
5. First Year B.N.Sc (Bridge) Course
6. Second Year B.N.Sc (Bridge) Course
7. Diploma in Specialty (Critical Care Nursing) Course
8. M.N.Sc (Nursing Administration and Management)
9. M.N.Sc (Critical Care Nursing)
Prescribed Text and References
American Nurses' Association, 1973, Nursing Process Overview (A Step –by- Step Guide).
Belland, K.W., Wells, M.A., 1984, Clinical Nursing Procedures, Wadsworth Health Sciences Devision, Califonia.
Tacob, A., Rekha, A., & Tarachand, J.S., 2010, Clinical Nursing Procedures: The Art of Nursing Practice, 2nd edition, Janpee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) LTD, St Louis.
Text Book of Concepts and theories in Nursing
-Learning Resource Centre, University of Nursing, Mandalay
-Teaching Hospital _ Mandalay General Hospital, 300- Bedded Teaching Hospital, 550 Children Hospital, 300 Children Hospital, Orthopedic Hospital
-Blood Donation Ceremony in International Nurses' Day
-Student Assessment Results (Marks)
-Teaching Schedule for Faculty
-Time-table for Students